Friday 9 June 2017 – The Chairs of the 5G PPP Security Work Group, Pascal Bisson (Thales) and Jean-Philippe Wary, (Orange) announce the publication of the group’s first white paper: 5G PPP Phase 1 Security Landscape. The white paper comes at the same time as the commitment to continue chairing the SEC WG through Phase 2 of the 5G PPP.
A joint effort on tackling 5G security risks and challenges
With contributions from 45 individuals from 9 5G PPP phase 1 projects, the new white paper from the Security Work Group provides an in-depth analysis of 5G security risks and challenges.
The objective of 5G PPP Phase 1 Security Landscape is twofold:
- Provide insights into 5G security and how it should be addressed in Phase 1 projects in terms of “what” and “why”.
- Pave the way for Phase 2 projects and enable them to leverage the achievements from Phase 1.
Major 5G security topics
The in-depth white paper covers.
- New, major 5G security requirements and risks.
- 5G security architecture and how it fits with that of the 3GPP.
- Access control in 5G.
- Privacy in 5G.
- Trust in 5G.
- Security monitoring and management.
- Standardisation on 5G security.
In addition to contributions and editorial inputs from SELFNET the white paper is the result of joint work from 5G-Ex, 5G-NORMA, CHARISMA, COGNET, SONATA, SPEED-5G, 5G-ENSURE and VirtuWind.
Download the white paper here.